Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question. Why would the police impound a vehicle

Customer Question

I have a question. Why would the police impound a vehicle and place a hold on it where the owner can not pick it up. Someone else was driving the vehicle and that individual was arrested.
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I can't afford a lawyer.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My son's girlfriend took his vehicle without his permission and was pulled over on her street by police. I don't know why. She has no license, 2 DUI's and a warrant for arrest for something in her past. She also had marijuana on her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm ****, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was she arrested for car theft?

2. Was she only arrested for the driving on a suspended and the pot and the outstanding warrant?

3. Did your son ever file a stolen vehicle report?

Thanks in advance,

Doug