Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My name is ***** ***** and me and my friends were sitting in

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** and me and my friends were sitting in the car then cops pulled up and said it smelled like weed so they searched the car (im 19 and the driver is 17 and we had a 20 year old in the back) they found half oz in the driver car door. The cops didn't find nothing on me or the back passenger. the driver told the cops it was his so then 30min later they handcuff me and say im getting charged with possession of weed and smoking with a kid. so they let the driver go and back passenger of the car go. I never been in trouble with law before so im scared im going to go to jail for something that isn't mine. I would like to know what could happen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes they asked to searched my car but we was not even in there so I let them and they still didn't find nothing on me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

In what US state are you?