Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Will a potential employer see that i was charged with a DUI

Customer Question

Will a potential employer see that i was charged with a DUI even though I received a PBJ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 10 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. The PBJ will show with the DUI charge. And unfortunately, under MD law, the PBJ for a DUI is the only PBJ that is not eligible for an expungement.

I suggest however that because it is a misdemeanor, it should not affect your employment unless it involves you having to drive. Then the employer can use it against you because it would raiser their insurance rates. A PBJ, however, is not a conviction in MD if you have successfully completed all your probation terms and conditions.

SO if an application asks have you ever been convicted of a crime and your probation is complete, you may honestly answer No.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information provided.