Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A person plead guilty to a DUI and class 6 felony

Customer Question

A person plead guilty to a DUI and class 6 felony endangerment, and was subsequently convicted in 1990. In the same year, the class 6 felony endangerment was designated a class 6 misdemeanor upon successful completion of behavior modification and probation, and the payment of all fines. This person was able to have the convictions successfully set aside in 2012. How must the person answer questions regarding this conviction on applications for employment and institutions of higher learning? For example: Have you ever been arrested, indicted, or convicted of anything other than a minor traffic violation? The available answers are "yes" and "no".
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

I have a few questions, the answers to which may allow for more accurate information.

You mention you initially pled guilty to the endangerment. Did you plead guilty to the DUI as well?

If so, were both convictions vacated?

If not, which conviction was vacated and which remains outstanding?

Has there been any expungement or sealing of these offenses?