Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I'm trying to get my real estate license in N*** but i have

Customer Question

I'm trying to get my real estate license in N*** but i have a f*** record in Ca*** so far i have had that case d*** .so the question is with the case dismissed will i be able to pass fbi back around check ? and is it worth me wait*** to go back to court next month to have it reduce to a m*****?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

If you had this case set aside, it should show on your criminal history as a dismissal on a background check. That's better than a reduction. Note, however, that whether you go on to get this reduced or not, depending upon the wording in the application for your real estate license, you may still be required to disclose the fact that you had been formerly convicted of a felony offense. Nothing is ever completely hidden from the government.