Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

1987-DUI in VA while moving to CA; 1991-licensed in CA;

Customer Question

1987-DUI in VA while moving to CA; 1991-licensed in CA; 2013-while renewing license, found I have a FTA that is 27 yrs.
old; have had paralegal do required paperwork, but to no avail; attorney must be able to practice in VA and CA; been sober since 2011. Help, please! Advice, referrals, anything welcome! Thank you! Kim V*****Fr**** Park, CA 93225 (661) 245-****kim**********
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 10 months ago.

My name is C***** Gr****. I have been an attorney for 2* years. I will help you with your questions and look for referrals as well. Just so I understand your problem completely I would like you to clarify the following questions:

1) Is the Failure to Appear (FTA) in California? Is it in VA?If so, what was the FTA for? What county? What is the name of the court?

2) When you mention the counselor/therapist was to give you a "UA", what are you ref****to? What state is this? Is this for the DUI in V******?

3) Please explain why you had a telephone appointment with the VA judge and where it was cancelled.

4) When you indicate going from Frazier Park to the next city, why would you go there and for what purpose I do not understand how this fits in.

5) Are you trying to get a final resolution in your VA case for DUI? If so, what is the name of the court that is handling this?

Once I have your responses, I will research and give you a complete response. Thank you.