Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Quick Question. Is this a secure conversation?

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

No this is a public website and there is no confidentiality. However,if you don't include identifying details, it cannot be traced to you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wow! O.K. is my name secure at least?

Your user name is ***** ***** just random numbers and letters. Your real name will not appear if you don't put it into the text of your question. Keep identifying names out of your question and it won't be traceable to you. After your question is answered and rated, it can be locked for privacy at your request. That will keep it off the web. While the dialogue is ongoing however, it cannot be locked because that's the only way we can each read the question and answers.

There are premium options which would allow us to talk on the phone or communicate off of the web via email. They cost additional money. If you are interested in those, however, let me know, and I can give you more information.

Meanwhile, if you have a criminal law question, please post it below, so that I may be of assistance.