Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I'm researching an article on a defendant in a Pennsylvania.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there. I'm researching an article on a defendant in a Pennsylvania. The court docket lists the status as Inactive and was just filed late last week. What does this mean?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: District Court. Assorted drug offenses. No arrest date given however there us an offense date given last fall.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

If a case is inactive, it is not on the court calendar. Whether that's because it is too new, because the defendant has warranted, or because the DA has dismissed the charges I could not possibly say. But you could call the clerk of the court and ask when the matter will be on the calendar. If the case has been dropped, he or she should tell you.