Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I'd like to know what would be most beneficial to me a

Customer Question

I'd like to know what would be most beneficial to me a Laywer that is not familiar with the municipality where my criminal case would be heard or a larger firm with more ties to the municipality.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

It is generally a good idea to retain an attorney or law firm that practices regularly in the court where the client's criminal case is pending.

Of course it is important to make sure that the attorney / law firm has a good reputation / track record with such local court and the judges that work there.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. But if the law firm is familiar with the municipality court & well known will they defend me without prejudice. In other words in my best interest.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but all attorneys are sworn and have professional duty to defend their clients as faithfully, diligently and zealously as they can and to protect and fight their clients' interests, irrespective of any other conflicting factors.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm ready to rate your status, I have a final question in reference to your answers. I might add that my current lawyer has a very high positive track record & is very well know in his field. You answered that it would be beneficial to have someone represent me in my own municipality, but is that 100% in my best interest, or does it matter much at all, since the courts can'r be bias. Let me know your thoughts. Its important that I have the best representation available at any cost. My lawyer came to me referred by someone high up in the NYPD.

Thank you for your follow up.

Please keep in mind that I cannot comment on your specific situation and can only provide you with General information.

Generally, it is important to have an attorney who has practiced before the court where the case is pending on a regular basis.

Another way to achieve both, have an attorney who is not local to the court it is top in his field and also to obtaine the benefit of the attorney who regularly practices before the court, would be to have both lawyers / law firms co-counsel and to both represent the defendant in the pending case.

It might be more expensive, but would be an option to maximize the chances of successful outcome in the case, as long as, the role of both lawyers / law firms in the case is clearly outlined.

I wish you the best of luck!

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thanks