Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What to do when police follow you around even dough your a

Customer Question

what to do when police follow you around even dough your a CCW cerified it seems like they waiting for the smallest thing to bother you ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 10 months ago.

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

I hate to say this because you will not like the answer, but, if you are out in the public, the police can and will have the ability to essentially "follow" you and wait for any slip up they determine is present to proceed with an arrest. These types of questions involve the 4th Amendment and are quite complex.

If you would like, I can discuss this issue over the phone with you for an additional fee. Fourth Amendment issues are quite complex and fact intensive and a person-to-person conversation may answer the questions you have in more detail and comprehensiveness than in a Q & A session.

Would you like to proceed with that?

Good evening:

I am just following up as to whether or not you would like to have your question answered. We can continue here via this PQA without a phone call if you would like. Please let me know. Thanks!