Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I was just reading the insert. I am doing two fundraisers

Customer Question

Customer: Good morning. I was just reading the insert. I am doing two fundraisers for a travel baseball team that is part of a 12 team organization. The whole org is doing superbowl squares, and I and two other teams are doing a Texas Hold 'Em tourney in addition.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The question is whether it is considered legal. I have a parent who is a school teacher and is insisting it is not legal. From what I have gathered, as long as certain stipulations are met, including the org being not for profit with a 501c3 #, it is legal is that correct?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Each state has small games of chance rules that, for the most part, permit non-profit organizations, such as the one you are describing, to use fund raising activities that involve such things as bingo, casino night, etc. as fundraising activities.

This is usually provided for either through the attorney general's office or through the corporations bureau or through the revenue agency (depending on the state).

Some states prohibit these activities. So it needs to be looked at for your particuar state.

If you let me know what State you are in I can try to find it for you.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.