Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How to issue bonds of office to a sheriff and a Federal

Customer Question

How to issue bonds of office to a sheriff and a Federal Judge?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. I will help you with your questions today.

I need to ask a few questions. What is the name of the court you are dealing with and the name of the Sheriff's office?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot give you a rating as yet because I have not received my answer to my question.I want to have it typed in for my answer,this is the service that I paid for.Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you e-mail my answers to me?The question was,What is the procedure to bond of office to a sheriff and a Federal judge and a sheriff?You asked me what is the name of the court is and what is the name of the sheriff name is.It is Scott Israel,for the sheriff's name.He is the sheriff of Broward County,FL. The court is the Federal court.Thank you very much.my e-mail is***@******.***

I don't want you to rate me until you are absolutely satisfied with my help. I can email the answers to you, yes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Coleen,I sent the answer,that you asked for.The question what was the sheriff name ,it is Israel Scott.The judge is in the Federal Court.

Hello, I am working on your question right now.

I will send your reply in a few minutes and then you can ask questions

This is the Federal court in Broward County?

I just sent the following to your email. Please ask questions after reading this:I am writing to answer your question posted on Just Answer about bonds. Please feel free to ask followup questions after I answered.

You asked, "What is a bond and why is the bond needed for the court and the sheriff?"

When a person is arrested, he or she must go before the court to face formal charges. This is called an arraignment. At the arraignment the accused is asked by the court to plead guilty or not guilty of the charges. If the defendant plead not guilty, a new court date is set to start the process towards trial. In order to make sure the accused returns to court the judge sets bail in the form of cash or bond. Bail is a way the court makes sure the defendant will come back. If the defendant does not return to court on the next court date, they will forfeit the cash or bond given to the court by the defendant's friends or family to get this person to return to face the charges.

A bond is an insurance policy using property owned by a friend or relative of the defendant as collateral to make sure the defendant returns to court. If the accused does not come back to court, the person posting bond may forfeit this property.

The judge of Broward County conducts the bail hearing. This is the first time a defendant appears in court after arrest. It is this judge that decides what bail, if any, is set. When the judge orders that a bond must be posted, the person using their property to secure the bond has to post the bond with the court. When the court is satisfied with the bond, the defendant can be released.

The defendant is held in "Central Booking" at the Broward County Sheriff's Office. The bond has to be presented to the sheriff so that the sheriff can release the defendant.