Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Where I am, I am a first time offender I live In NJ. I

Customer Question

Good afternoon where I am,
I am a first time offender I live In NJ. I pleaded guilty to a first degree charge I had 187 grams of powdered cocaine. I'm being sentenced to five years with a stip of thirty months. I would qualify for the halfway house when I have twenty four months left on the thirty, but would I would like is for the Judge to override the deal and sentence me to five years with a stip of twenty four months this way I qualify for the half way house automatically. What do you think. Thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. You shared that you wanted the Judge to override the deal, so I assume this was a plea deal you entered into with the State?Also, what has your attorney said about this and do you know why the State will not offer this to you and insist on the 30 months?