Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
81266493

If my son in prison for1count arm robbery 20year. 1count car

Customer Question

If my son in prison for1count arm robbery 20year. 1count car theft12months ran concurrent to 20years 2escape 5year a peice but both are also ran concurrent to 20 which max out on term October 18,2021but he doing a consecutive sentence which is 1escape 5year max out 2021 which all above offense was committed same time in year 1996.what I'm asking is since he complete his entire 20years October 18,2016 and has a (PED)date for October 20,2016 for the five year consecutive how much more time he going to do or do you think his chance of getting out doing 2016 since he did the entire 20years
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

My name is*****'ve been an attorney for 26 years. I will help you with your questions today.

Did the escape happen after the 20 year consecutive terms for robbery and car theft?

Was the escape a misdemeanor charge?

According to the Georgia Parole Board an inmate serving consecutive county misdemeanor confinement sen­tence exceeding 12 months is considered for parole if he has requested consideration.

https://pap.georgia.gov/inmate-tpm-lookup If you go to this website, you can look up your son's Tentative Parole Month (TPM)

There is also more information on this website that may be helpful to you and your family.

Please let me know if I can help you with anymore questions. I will be checking tomorrow to see if you need more information. If you don't, and you are satisfied with my help, I ask that you rate my service. I wish you and your son good luck on his release.