How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26007
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received my second underage drinking citation last

Customer Question

I received my second underage drinking citation last semester at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater, where I attend school. I am now facing my driving privileges to be revoked and my car insurance is going to sky rocket. Is there anything I can do to prevent my driving privileges being affected?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


About the only thing you can do, short of winning this case at trial, would be to get the prosecutor to agree to let you plead to a substituted charge which would not require the suspension of your license. The prosecutor has the authority to do something like this, but given that it's your second underaged drinking offense, he may not be inclined to do you any favors. Therefore, for best possible results, you should let a lawyer handle the negotiations.

Related Criminal Law Questions