Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I received my second underage drinking citation last

Customer Question

I received my second underage drinking citation last semester at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater, where I attend school. I am now facing my driving privileges to be revoked and my car insurance is going to sky rocket. Is there anything I can do to prevent my driving privileges being affected?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

About the only thing you can do, short of winning this case at trial, would be to get the prosecutor to agree to let you plead to a substituted charge which would not require the suspension of your license. The prosecutor has the authority to do something like this, but given that it's your second underaged drinking offense, he may not be inclined to do you any favors. Therefore, for best possible results, you should let a lawyer handle the negotiations.