CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My phone is tapped months can the police charge me with

Customer Question

my phone is tapped for several months can the police charge me with anything just bywhat they heard on the phone
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. It would be hard for the State to proceed and prosecute just by what is stated on the phone. I say this because there is no way to necessarily verify if it is true and if you were just making something up. The police could use that information to further investigate and matter and link it to you but the recording alone, would not likely be enough for the State to prosecute. What is typical done, is that it is used to show and support the case, at trial. The State would present evidence to show that a crime was committed and that you are linked and involved in it, in some way. The recording(s) would be used to support the charge and link you to it.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!