CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

If someone takes a photo of me with their camera while I am

Customer Question

If someone takes a photo of me with their camera while I am sitting in my car having a drink of alcohol can this be used against me in court?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me what they would be using the photo for and why they took it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A husband in a divorce situation taking photos of wife to get her in trouble & make her pay or end up in jail or change divorce settlement- revenge by husband & his girlfriend

Thank you for the additional information. If the photo is relevant to the case and would tend to prove something, which is issue, then it could be used. However, it would need to be explain and shown why it is being introduced. Moreover, unless they were drinking out of a bottle, it could be to show with certainly, that there was alcohol being consumed. Sitting in a car and having a drink of alcohol, is not something that should have an effect in the divorce, unless children were at issue and they were in the car or the party was not allowed to consume alcohol. Also, if the husband is trying to blackmail her with this, she can address it with the court. It should not be used for revenge.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!