Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My family member want me to take a poss of a firearm charge

Customer Question

Customer: tim my family member want me to take a poss of a firearm charge for him
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we were in car, got stop[ped by police, me,my cousin and friend in car,they search my car found mariquana and a gun , police said its mine because i was the driver
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you this evening.

I do need a little more information from you first, please, to better assist you.

First, what state was this in?

Second, if I'm understanding correctly, the drugs and gun were not yours but your cousin's, who now wants you to take the blame? And they were not charged? Where in the car were these found? The trunk? Glove compartment? Back seat? Were they locked up?

Why did they search the vehicle? Did they have consent to search? Or did they search because they saw drugs or smelled drugs?

What exactly is your legal question? What do you want to know, exactly?