Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I ordered a pain medication on line that had a narcotic

Customer Question

I ordered a pain medication on line that had a narcotic component. I tried to cancel the order but it has already shipped. Is it possible I will be arrested for receiving the package? Can I just leave it in the mailbox?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Yes. You can be arrested for ordering it and also receiving it if you do not have a bona fide prescription from a doctor. However, I suggest if you mark it as Return to Sender, you would not be in possession of the product. Of course, you will not be getting a refund for the product.

And generally, unless you have done this before, time and time again and are in the DEA database for tracking this one time should not be a concern as long as you return it. Most times, the DEA is simply looking to get the online rogue pharmacy.

You can read this link to learn more.

Please let me know here, if you need more information or clarification. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.