Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I need advice. My daughter lost her cell phone so I reported

Customer Question

I need advice.
My daughter lost her cell phone so I reported it the my cell phone carrier/insurance. They sent me a new one for the $200 deductible. A while later she found the phone with a broken screen. Not thinking much of it I figured let's just sell it on eBay.(maybe at least get our deductibleback).
So the person on eBay bought it but found out it was reported stolen/lost and wasn't able to activate it. The told me they were sending the phone back to apple and reporting it to the police!
I am worried now. What could possibly happen to me? And should I proactively do anything in the meantime?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also... The purchaser IS getting their money back from me via PayPal, but is still reporting it
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you contact the cell phone carrier and explain the situation. They will tell you if there is any money owed if you keep the phone. I suggest they are not going to want to prosecute because that costs them money. So if you can figure out from them what, if anything since you already paid a $200 deductible, is necessary so you can keep the old phone and sell it, that should be it.