CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Need to write a letter to the judge son. He was charge with

Customer Question

Customer: need to write a letter to the judge for leniency for my son. He was charge with first degree robbery with an aca charge. he was with another young man who had the gun and robbed a young lady at gun point. this same guy that my son was with set him up to get shot my son not too long got out the hospital when this young man came to get him on December 27, 2014 and told him to ride with him to go pick this female up to take her to go and purchase a car. My son did not kow that the young man was going to robbed her and did not know he had a gun. after the robbery the person with the gun threw 20 dollars to my son and dropped him off back at home. the young lady testify in court and said my son did not rob her nor did he have the gun but she thinks my son set her up to get robbed. I'm trying to write a letter to the Judge for leniency. Please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the attorney wants to give my son 15 years if he pleas guilty and dropped the ACA charge. My son Attorney said that was the best that he can do. On Jan 25th he goes to court for a plea hearing and that's when he my son is going to plea guilty for something he did not do. the arresting office who question my son about the robbery stated that my son knew that the robbery was going to happen and he accepted 20 dollars from the proceeds. My son wrote a statement saying he did not know it was about to happen and the young man that he was with threw dollars to him after he dropped him off at home. the attorney said because he was there and accepted 20 dollars he is a participant to the crime. I don't know what to do but to write to the judge for leniency for my son
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear what you are going through and understand myself, as a parent. In a situation like this, you want to share with the Judge the type of person your son is. It is not necessarily a time to argue the facts of the case, since that is more for trial and if your son is going to decide to take a plea, instead of going to trial, the Judge may not want to hear a legal argument, as to why he did not commit this. You can certainly address the situation and that he was with the wrong person, at the wrong time and a crime did happen, but he did not know what was going to happen and that this person was going to do anything more then pick up the women. You want to go into detail about the good person your son is and what he does for himself, you, his family and the community. If he has a clean record, you can to focus on that as well and show that while this all did happen, he again was caught up with the wrong person at the wrong time and this is out of his character. You want to convince the Judge that he is not a threat or danger to society and that he did not have the gun nor did the robbery and was an accomplish, unbeknownst to him.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.