How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I do not show up at a court hearing because I want a pfa

Customer Question

If I do not show up at a court hearing because I want a pfa dropped is there any legal recourse for me?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 11 months ago.

Yes. If you've been directed by a court to appear for a hearing, even if you no longer wish to pursue the abuse order, if you fail to appear, you can be arrested.

The better course of conduct is to appear and explain that you no longer wish to pursue the matter.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 10 months ago.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.