Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If, I, the plaintiff filed to have a pfa dropped against my

Customer Question

If, I, the plaintiff filed to have a pfa dropped against my spouse because I want to reconcile our differences and because I made a rash decision based on what I thought I had to do at the time, and I decide not to show up at the court hearing tomorrow in hopes the pfa will just be dismissed, is there any legal recourse for me as the plaintiff? Meaning, can I get in trouble by the law for not showing up?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you regarding your question today. Before we proceed, may I ask if this court date was based on a prior court order or did you (or your attorney) file a motion to get the case heard tomorrow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the original court date that the judge scheduled. I have no attorney at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need this question answered or I need it reposted for another professional.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you no longer need this question answered so I can direct customer service to close it for you.

Thank you and I apologize for the delay.