How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3095
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If, I, the plaintiff filed to have a pfa dropped against my

Customer Question

If, I, the plaintiff filed to have a pfa dropped against my spouse because I want to reconcile our differences and because I made a rash decision based on what I thought I had to do at the time, and I decide not to show up at the court hearing tomorrow in hopes the pfa will just be dismissed, is there any legal recourse for me as the plaintiff? Meaning, can I get in trouble by the law for not showing up?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you regarding your question today. Before we proceed, may I ask if this court date was based on a prior court order or did you (or your attorney) file a motion to get the case heard tomorrow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the original court date that the judge scheduled. I have no attorney at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need this question answered or I need it reposted for another professional.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you no longer need this question answered so I can direct customer service to close it for you.

Thank you and I apologize for the delay.