Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My son who is 31 went on the ***** ***** ******* which

Customer Question

My son who is 31 went on the ***** ***** ******* which requires a credit card and he met a girl who claimed she was 20 something with 2 children. She proceeded to talk and mailed him 2 separate birthday cards from her one and children another. They agreed to meet and he went to her house and her mother let him. They went to her room and proceed to have where she was giving him oral sex and he was playing with her boobs. The mother then walked into her room and told him to leave. There was 2 tablets recording and one phone. She called police and said he crawled thru her bedroom window. He was arrested for corruption of a minor she was only 14 years old. At his case the mother and daughter refused to testify. They plead to a misdemeanor charge. He was sentenced to 3to 5 years in prison. He went to a parole board hearing and when he got his green slip it was sentenced to get out of prison in 2021. I lso called the ***** ***** to ask them don't they do any kind of checking people out. They told me to get a sapena for the records. Can we sue her family and dating service?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational services only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

It is unlikely that you could sue either party. The most likely would be the dating website but you will need a very good attorney to make this claim. You would most likely need to have some sort of language on the site stating that all customers are of a certain age but even with that there are no laws requiring sites such as these to do background searches on their clients. Ignorance of a girls name is ***** ***** as you probably know from your son's court case and neither the website nor the girl's family have an affirmative duty to keep your son from having sexual contact with a minor. I would find it very unlikely that a suit such as this would be successful. As to the girl's family, there is no chance whatsoever as the girl was the victim and the family simply let your son into the house. This is not grounds for a lawsuit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Any chance for a positive rating?

Do you have any further related questions? I want you to be a satisfied customer so please let me know how I can make you happy.