P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

My grandson 21 years old has been accused of rape by a 51

Customer Question

My grandson 21 years old has been accused of rape by a 51 year old woman who invited him into her bed. He is under a 100,000. bond. What can we do to prove she is as quilty as my grandson.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. He is not obliged to prove anything. The law presumes he is innocent and ONLY if the state can produce evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, of his guilt can be be convicted.

That said, he can testify...he has the right to testify at his trial. If she is lying, I would expect his testimony may be enough to carry the day.

Also he has a right to a lawyer...if he can not afford on the state will provide him one. His lawyer can help him prepare to show that she is lying.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.