Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

Will tn extradite for Assult example accused of touching an

Customer Question

Will tn extradite for sexual Assult example accused of touching an adult female without her permission. Which I didn't do, this was 6-8 years ago, I can't remember exactly when
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The answer is, it depends. If this was a simple touching case, it will likely be charged as a low level crime, and extradition is unlikely. If the DA can secure a felony indictment, he'll certainly try to bring you before the court to face the charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said it was around 2008, I already been told I have a frliny warrent for me, it happens in Tennessee, I now live in wv, why would this be a non extriditsble warrent, I was never charged but was taken in and given a polygraph test which the cop told me I had to take or be arrested

First, he lied. You can't be arrested for refusing a polygraph.

Second, if you have an outstanding felony warrant, it means that they have charged you with a felony.

Typically, if you have an active warrant, you can be arrested in your own state, and held for possible extradition by the charging state. A DA will typically seek extradition if he has charged a person with a serious crime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
US customs when they brought me in while leaving Canada, said whatever the charge in tn was, was not extraditable and they were releasing me, but tvst I needed to find out what the charge is and take care of it..

If you find out the charge, I can offer you better advice. Without knowing the charge it's difficult for me to opine.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.