Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

If you have had a deferred adjudicated felony and if you

Customer Question

if you have had a deferred adjudicated felony and if you have completed alp things can it be cleared
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 11 months ago.

Well, Deferred Adjudication is a type of probation, but it differs greatly from normal probation. A defendant is placed on a probation for a certain period of time. If the probation is successfully completed, the case is "dismissed." A defendant will enter a guilty plea, but the judge does not find the defendant guilty and instead "defers" the finding of guilt. Pleading guilty for Deferred Adjudication is not considered a conviction under Texas law. A criminal background check will show the arrest for the charge, will show the Deferred Adjudication, but it will not show a conviction.

Therefore, of all conditions are met, there's nothing to clear up. The records of convictions will be clear and show no conviction.

Please let me know if you have any follow questions or need any clarification.

Thank you.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.