Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Need help writing a letter to mu husbands probation officer

Customer Question

need help writing a letter to mu husbands probation officer to please not violate him
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Would you mind sharing with me what the alleged violation is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello i have a situation that i need some help? my husband is on probation he just started about 2 months ago he has checked in and paid any fees to the probation department on time as he should . well about 2 weeks ago we both had a lil incident that involved the cops and due to him being on probation the cops wanted to harass him we were at a friends house and there was a car parked in the driveway blocking the driveway so that was there reason for the cops stopping. the car was a rental that was under the guy whos house we were at nobody was in or around the car for hours. the car was rented for me due to my car being in the shop but my husbands name or my name was no where on the contract. somehow they knew my boyfriend was in the house and was on probation so they called him out searched him found nothing they asked to search the car and i told them no i set the key down next to me and the cop picked it up and began searching the vechile i told him i do not give him permission as he continued searching the car he found some paperwork that belong to someone else at the end of the search they took me and my husband to jail and charged us both with idenity theft and recieving stolen property since i was in tramatic shock from the whole situation and being taken to jail i was crying we were both in custody for 2 days after i did nothing but cry because i was suppose to pick up my kids from school the day we were arrested and we were responsible for picking up our kids and taking them to and from school my husband just wanted me to get out so he said he would just say it all was his. after we both talked to detectives and later on that day i was let out and given a certificate of detention and my husband would of also been let out but because he was on probation he was held.i called his probation officer and told him that no charges were filed and if he can just reinstate his probation and let him out he said he would talk to his supervisor and see what he can do he goes to court on the 5th and i just dont want them to violate him because he was really trying to be a productive member of society and a father to his children he was working and was also involved in his children school activites and functions i need some advice what i can do?

Just to be clear, your husband was NOT charged with anything?