Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Can a terminally ill person get a pardon from a prison

Customer Question

Can a terminally ill person get a pardon from a prison sentence?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

This seems to be a repeat question, see my answer on the other question.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

The state Department of Corrections may authorize an “extraordinary medical placement” for an inmate when

(1) the inmate has a medical condition that requires costly care or treatment;

(2) the inmate poses a low risk because of age or illness;

and (3) the placement will save the state money.

An inmate sentenced to death or life imprisonment without the possibility of parole is not eligible for the placement. Prisoners released through this program must be electronically monitored, unless the monitoring equipment interferes with the inmate’s medical equipment or results in loss of funding for the inmate’s medical care. So yes it is possible under these circumstances.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.