Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How do i obtain a copy of a felony complaint and the

Customer Question

How do i obtain a copy of a felony complaint and the defendant's statement upon which it is based?
My brother is an inmate. Charges were filed against him in the prison. Two people were arrested in Dutchess County, NY for possession of narcotics while attempting to visit him. How can I obtain the above when the Dutchess County DA claims to have no knowledge of the matter?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me - what court was he charged in? Do you know?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!