MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My fiance has an FTA traffic violation. He was incarcerated

Customer Question

My fiance has an FTA for a traffic violation. He was incarcerated at the time of his court date on a on a seperate issue. How can I get his court date back on the docket so he can have video court while he is incarcerated at OCCD?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You would need to file a motion to vacate/set aside the bench warrant and state the fact that he missed his hearing because he was incarcerated as the reason. They will then give you a new hearing date.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.