Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Could I get a felony DWI off my record had no accidents or

Customer Question

Could I get a felony DWI off my record had no accidents or anything
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

The answer to this depends on what state you live in as some are much more generous than others as to what crimes can be sealed or expunged. In what US state do you wish to expunge your DWI?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Texas
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't get a response

Sorry for the delay. I had a follow up from another customer which I had to finish before I get back to you.

Was your DWI dismissed upon the completion of your sentence as a result of a deferred adjudication? If not, unfortunately, the state of Texas will not remove a conviction from your record unless it is first pardoned by the governor.

Pardons are free to apply for and you don't need a lawyer for it. So there's no reason not to try for it. If you're successful you can then apply for the expunction of your record. You can find out more about the pardon process on the attached file.