Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have just discovered I was sexually assaulted by my piano

Customer Question

I have just discovered I was sexually assaulted by my piano teacher in Plano, Texas around 1977? My mother has passed away, I don't know his name,I know I was 5 years old and he had red hair & smelled funny. Is there anyway to search records for similar offenses during that time so I know I am not crazy & he was stopped?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If nobody can help me, please advise me who to contact. I am having a horrible anxiety attach I have never experienced and don't know where to go from here
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

You can talk to the police and/or the police prosecutor in Plano, Texas and explain your problem. They may be aware of similar complaints or unsolved cases going back to the time when you beileve you were assaulted. Alterntively, you can hire a private investigator to try to track down the identity of the old piano teacher. You could try some form of hypno-therapy to revive your memories. These are possible ways to uncover the identity of the piano teacher.

Finally, there are also mental health professionals who specialize in helping victims of sexual abuse recover their repressed recollections. That could also help you with your anxiety. You may want to post a question to our mental health professionals who can tell you where you can find them.