Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My vehicle was seized because I was arrested on break and

Customer Question

My vehicle was seized because I was arrested on break and enter of house that's being built, or you could say under construction. At first they said I had my car with me at the seen but later found out car was at body shop and not at seen, plus was never arrested doing crime while I had vehical, the dealership has lein on vehicle because I owe them still , in this incident will I get car back , and would it be better for dealership to get back or me, and what must I do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they cannot prove your car was used in the offense, the court must release your car to you. You need to get your attorney to file a motion in court for release of the vehicle, since they cannot prove that the vehicle was used in the crime and as such they have no authority to continue to hold the car.