Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Target called Police, & then police came to my neighborhood

Customer Question

Target called Police, & then police came to my neighborhood & served me with an "arrest warrant". The arrest warrant was roughly 2 months after the Incident. I remembered what happened when police were in my house. I didn't steal anything, and only prepaid at register. I want to file a civil lawsuit against Target for the Malicious Prosecution or False Arrest! What Is my next step towards filing this lawsuit?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

What happened to the criminal case? Is it still open or was it dismissed? If it was dismissed, did you have to take a plea and spend some time on supervision before the prosecutor dismissed it?