Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was convicted in 1974 and served 18 months. I am 61 and

Customer Question

I was convicted in 1974 for robbery and served 18 months. I am 61 and have had no trouble since. I would like to be able to hunt with friends, unfortunately I can't. I livve in Georgia. My conviction was in Illinois. Any chance for a pardon?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

Post conviction remedies are always long shots. The odds of you getting a Parton are very low. You would have to apply to the Illinois Governor even though you are now living in Georgia. If you have not been in any trouble with the law since 1974, the chances of you getting a pardon will be much better than many others, because you have a long track record of lawful and productive behavior.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I expected more than an obvious reply to my question, and I'm not satisfied at all. $36 for this? Come on, I want a refund.

Your question was simply "Do I have any chance for a pardon?" I cannot do anything more than work with the information that you give me. I'd be happy to add to my answer if you reply on this question thread with the question you actually want answered.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank you. I'll just have my money back.

Experts here don't have anything to do with customer accounts and billing matters. You will need to contact customer service at***@******.*** and ask them for the return of your deposit. They will refund you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Zoey. Nothing personal at all. I'm sure you're a knowledgeable attorney. I hope you and your family have a great New Year.Ralph

And the same to you, Ralph!