Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Back in 2009 I was charged with not returning rental

Customer Question

Back in 2009 I was charged with not returning rental furniture in Florida it was a felony but my attt got it to misdemeanor. I did all my probation community service but at the time I hadn't finished paying my fines and court cost. I went to court twice to see if I paid anything at that time I paide some not all I explained to the judge I was going through a rape issue with my daughter I was about to have a nervous breakdown. He set another date I showed up the wrong day and could not get back to court again so I missed that court date. The judge told me at the last hearing he just wanted me to pay it. Well with that missed court date but I have paid all my fees what do I need to do to get a failure to appear off me and I don't live in that state anymore. Can I pay the court to get that off what happens that was years ago
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand. You have a warrant for your arrest for not paying restitution? Is that correct?