LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

I wrote a bad check 8 years ago in fl I have no warrant

Customer Question

I wrote a bad check 8 years ago in fl I have no warrant company went out of business can they still prosucute
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under FL law, the criminal statute of limitations for a bad check is 3 years, and the civil statute of limitations which would allow the party that was written the check to sue for breach of contract is 5 years at most, and so if no criminal charges have yet been filed and no civil lawsuit filed by the person who received the bad check, then after 8 years it is too late for any criminal or civil action on the bad check.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug