Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I want to get an early Pti dismissal. I 't even feel as

Customer Question

I want to get an early Pti dismissal. I don't even feel as though I fully ever committed a crime, it was a misunderstanding. When my dad died, the house was no longer considered my house and my step family called the police. I have been in Pti for 9 months and paid my dues. I didn't do anything to harm anyone. I feel like I'm being punished at a time where my dads death is punishment enough. I just want to be left alone by these officers given I never had time to properly grief. Let them go out there and fight Isis terrorists and leave an innocent grieving girl alone. I've had enough. So how do I go about trying to get dismissed out of Pti early?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

Generally, a judge will consider early termination of supervision when you have served at least half of your sentence, if you also have fulfilled all of your special conditions, owe no fees and fines, and have been in full compliance with the terms of your supervision. The key to your success, however, is whether your probation officer agrees in an early termination for you. If so, the judge will likely go along with it. If probation opposes it or remains silent, generally the judge will deny it.

So speak to the officer who is supervising you and tell him or her what you're feeling and that you'd like to apply for early termination. His or her response will tell you whether probation will stand behind you or not, though you can contact your lawyer and file a petition regardless.