P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

My boyfriend's father found naked pictures of me on his phone.

Customer Question

My boyfriend's father found naked pictures of me on his phone. Obviously the phone was taken away which is fine, but he refuses to let my boyfriend to delete the pictures and has threatened to show them to others. Basically he just wants to keep them for blackmail. Is there a way I can go to the police without pressing charges to force him to get rid of the photos?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. You can certainly try the police. But, frankly, the police have "discretion" meaning they are not required to investigate any particular case. Still, you can ask. And if he is demanding something from you in return for not publishing the photos? That is a crime (blackmail) and I would expect the police to prosecute thisPlease let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.