Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

HOW TO RESTORE MY RIGHTS VIOLENT CRIME OWNERSHIP

Customer Question

HOW TO RESTORE MY RIGHTS FOR NON VIOLENT CRIME FOR GUN OWNERSHIP
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of gun rights experience, including lecturing on the topic. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

There are two ways to get your gun rights restored as a non-violent offender:

(1) Pardon: Either a presidential or governor's pardon of your conviction will erase the crime and restore your rights. Obviously, pardons are not easy to come by and require political connections in most cases, and:

(2) You can petition the court in which you were convicted to restore your rights to have a firearm. In the petition you will show that you have rehabbed and have not been in other trouble, you will make the plea you need it for your protection and the protection of your family, if you hunt you can also state you need to to feed yourself and your family, you can have attached witness affidavits that can attest to your rehabilitation and you need to request a hearing. At the hearing, you can make a heart felt plea as well. This is the most realistic option and is one I have seen work many times.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you had any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!