Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Is there statuet of limitations on a probation violation

Customer Question

is there statuet of limitations on a probation violation
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

No, not as such. The probation department must file the motion to revoke probation before the probation has been completed but if the motion has been filed then there is no statute of limitations on enforcing it.