Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

What is the statue of limitations on theft of a narcotic

Customer Question

What is the statue of limitations on theft of a narcotic prescription medication 8 pills? It was Vyanse
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My ex husband stole pills from my Vyanse bottle in November of 2013 I have him admitting to it in a deposition in our divorce
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He stole the meds and left the state for work
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to answer your legal question. In order to provide more accurate information to you, who (or where) were these pills stolen from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A prescription bottle and my pill box
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He admited to the theft in the deposition for our divorce and to my doctors at the hospital I have records from both indicating that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He stole them from me

Great, thanks for the information.

Just allow me a few minutes to type out my answer to your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a schedule II substance

Now, when it comes to theft, the offense can be a misdemeanor or a felony. The determination of whether it is a felony or misdemeanor depends on the "value" of the items stolen.

If the item(s) stolen are valued at $500 or less, then the theft is a Class A misdemeanor. Class A misdemeanors have a 1 year Statute of Limitations.

If the item(s) stolen are valued at $501 to $999, then the theft is a Class E Felony. Class E felonies have a 2 year Statute of Limitations.

The schedule of the substance plays nor role in the theft analysis. The schedule of a substance only plays in the type of charge and punishment in Possession of a Controlled Substance charge.

Please let me know if you have any follow ups. I would be happy to answer them. If not, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate my answer so I may receive credit for assisting you today!

Do you have any follow ups?

If not please click ACCEPT so I may be credited for assisting you. Thank you.

Good evening:

It has been a day since the last posting. I am wondering if you have any other questions I can help you with?

If not, and you are satisfied with my assistance, please click ACCEPT and leave feedback as that is the only way I can receive credit for assisting you.

Good morning:

Please remember to ACCEPT if you have no further questions.