ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

If you have an order arrest worthless check and you pay it

Customer Question

If you have an order for your arrest for a worthless check and you pay it off will that srrike the order for your arrest in North Carolina
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Most likely not. Remedial actions taken after the fact can be considered by a court in assessing penalties for the crime, but it doesn't affect whether or not a crime occurred in the first place. In other words, a crime is "complete" when it occurs. An action taken by the person who committed the crime after the fact doesn't change that fact. Again, it could have an impact on whether or not the judge assesses strict penalties, or even if the prosecution would allow for "deferred adjudication". But it would not impact whether or not a crime was committed in the first place. As such, the order for an arrest would still be valid because it's not a disposition of the case. Now if the victim indicates that he/she no longer wants to prosecute AND the prosecution seeks to dismiss the case, or if the judge dismisses the case, that would strike the order. But paying it off would not.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!