Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was arrested back in 2013. It was a federal charge.

Customer Question

Hi. I was arrested back in 2013. It was a federal charge. Aggravated assault with a firearm. It was a false charge. nothing happened. The cops both created false statements and lied to my parents whom they said was the victims. Long story short. I spent 5 days in jail. Bonded out by my parents. Who was upset by the cops lying to them. Told to " play ball" and this will all go away. Thought about getting an attorney for false arrest. Only to be told no attorney in the parish or probably state would touch it. " you don't crap where you eat". And that I would have a " mark" on my back. So I" played ball" and it didn't even go in front a judge I was told to plead no contest or something like that. 1 year probation. had a few things " fixed" ( ex sponged )like I was told. But know I find out I still have a record on my name. (Federally). I also feel like I still have a mark on my back. I have all the paperwork from when I was going to sue. I really don't want to, I'm nervous just typing this. But given my situation now, when any time I need help I'm treated like a criminal, do I still have a case? Or did I listen and try to "play ball" and got screwed? Please help? I just want a normal life....
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure exactly what question you need answered, could you be a little more specific and rephrase your question(s)?