Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

I was at a home where the police came with search warrant

Customer Question

I was at a home where the police came with search warrant for meth and they did not find any but they went threw purse and found a pill bottle of oxycodone that was not labled correctly with the strength of the medication can they charge with possession?'
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of criminal law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

The answer to your question is yes, they can charge you with possession unless you have a prescription for the medication or can prove the label to be an error. Since they had a warrant to enter the premises, they had a warrant to look through your stuff. Therefore, even if they find a different legal violation, because they are in the house legally, they can cite you for it, unfortunately.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I wish I had better news.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking in with you to see if you have any additional questions based on what was shared earlier. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward with this issue. Thanks!