Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Should I mention that I was arrested when I was 14 (31 years

Customer Question

Should I mention that I was arrested for loitering when I was 14 (31 years ago) in Philadelphia on my NJ Firearms Purchaser ID application?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 months ago.

You should answer truthfully according to what the question actually asks you. You're not going to be denied a firearm permit for being arrested 31 years ago as a juvenile for a loitering offense. But if they ask you to list all arrests, you should disclose it.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I guess I don't understand their question on the form. "Have you ever been adjucated a juvenile delinquent?" Does that cover loitering?

If you were convicted of loitering by a judge and served a sentence, then, yes, you were adjudicated a juvenile delinquent.