Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son was murdered in a murder/suicide in 2013 and the case

Customer Question

Hello: My son was murdered in a murder/suicide in 2013 and the case is closed as far as the courts are concerned an I have tried to retain my son's things from the police department here and first they said they needed a letter from Mo attorney general stating the case was closed. I called and they faxed him a letter to that effect and when I went back to pick up the things, I was told the ** ********* County prosecuting attorney would have to state they were finished with the case. They stated they were never involved in the case. They had sent the information to the State of Mo attorney generals office. I went back to pick up his things and then I was told I would have to get a paper from a judge stating I could pick up his things? what is going on?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 12 months ago.

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to answer your legal question. I am sorry to hear about your loss and now these issues that compound things. May I ask, is there any pending case against anyone involved in the matter? I understand that you mentioned the case is closed as far as the courts are concerned, but would there be another case related you know about? This would allow me to better assist you in your issue.