Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What procedure should law abiding citizens do to find out if

Customer Question

what procedure should law abiding citizens do to find out if they are being investigated by the Federal Bureau Investigation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 months ago.

There's no data base where anyone can look to find out if the Feds are investigating you. And if you call the FBI and ask if they are investigating you, they don't have to tell you the truth, and they may not be willing to tell you anything at all.

What makes you think they are investigating you?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
In my neighborhood and my church, the member are spreading the rumor that they. Also, groups of women and men from my neighborhood are following me. As I told my friends, they ask how do I know, well. they are the same people!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I really don't anything to say, this my only reponse.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have finished my concerns.

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry for the delay but I had to finish another answer before I got back to you.

Are you applying for a government job or some position that requires clearance. In a situation like that one, investigators actually can come out and question the neighbors. But if that's not the case, whatever's going on does not sound like the FBI is involved. The FBI wouldn't have people from your neighborhood following you.

If they are bothering you and making you concerned for your well-being and your physical safety, you can gather evidence that you are being somehow targeted or followed (videos or photos with your mobile phone, for example, voice mail or text messages) and bring it to the police and tell them that you are being stalked and you want charges pressed and a restraining order so that they keep away from you.