Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

What BAC does the interlock pick up? The lowest, I mean.

Customer Question

What BAC does the interlock pick up? The lowest, I mean. Will it pick up a 0.033?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The lowest it will register depends on a lot of different factors including the brand and, most especially, how they have it set up. I had an expert testify once that an interlock can be set to register any amount down to .0001 and there was really no reason for them to lie about that so I assume it is correct.

Yes, it will definitely pick up a .033 if the technician has it set to pick up that amount and I would imagine they would since that is almost halfway to the legal limit.